Here we are again. Now that I’d made a huge mess with charcoal powder, it was time to wash it down and start over.
After washing off the fail design transfer
I got myself into yet another fail design!
I managed to clean it up a bit at this stage. Still, was not easy.
Found out the hard way charcoal does not dissolve in water, or rabbit skin glue.
The thick layers of charcoal were begging for some distressing.
I folded the hide, stepped on it,
scrubbed areas with wire brushes and dug into the
black areas with sticks to give it that ‘old and flaking off’ look.
I still was not all too happy with Squidworth here. Just not getting the whole
‘seething fear and gibbering madness’vibe. Very vexing.
So I moved on. This section is based on the Hounds of Tindalos, done in the
style of the pride of Lions from the Chauvet Cave.